Helping developers select and use software libraries
In this work, we want to help developers select the best library and code snippet to use based on their current taks and needs. We explore how we can mine software repositories to extract information that can be used to compare libraries and their corresponding APIs, to eventually help the developer accomplish their current task.
- Which library should I use? A metric-based comparison of software libraries, ICSE NIER '18
- An Empirical Study of Metric-based Comparisons of Software Libraries, PROMISE '18
- Library Comparison Website
- Scripts for Library Metric-based Comparisons
- Task-oriented Library Documentation