Please note that I am currently NOT accepting students at the University of Alberta. This information is for prospective PhD students/postdocs/research associates at NYUAD. Note that NYUAD does not have a Master’s program.
- Prospective postdoctoral researchers should have obtained their PhD with a focus on Software Engineering in the last 0-3 years.
- As a first step, please check https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/about/careers/postdoctoral-and-research.html for postdoc openings that I may already be advertising. If you find open positions, please directly submit an application.
- If you do not find open positions and want to inquire about potential openings, please email me with a copy of your CV and some brief info about your PhD degree and doctoral research.
- Research assistants are those who already obtained a Bachelor or Master’s degree and wish to gain some research experience.
- As a first step, please check https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/about/careers/postdoctoral-and-research.html for research assistant openings that I may already be advertising. If you find open positions, please directly submit an application.
- If you do not find open positions and want to inquire about potential openings, please email me with a copy of your CV and some brief info about your background (education plus any industrial and/or research experience) and research interests.
- NYUAD offers a Global PhD Fellowship Program through agreements with two Computer Science doctoral programs in NYU New York. The programs generally involve one year of classwork in NYU New York followed by three to four years of research in NYU Abu Dhabi. If selected, the doctorate is fully funded under the NYU Abu Dhabi’s Global PhD Student Fellowship
- Please submit a standard PhD application to one or both Computer Science doctoral programs in NYU New York listed below.
- The Computer Science and Engineering department via the NYU Tandon School of Engineering.
- The Courant Institute PhD application via the NYU Graduate School of Arts and Science.
The choice of the program will depend on you. When you apply, you will be considered by the faculty in the NYU New York program as well as the NYU Abu Dhabi program. There is no separate application for the Global PhD Student Fellowship; all interested PhD applicants will be considered. Not all PhD application forms specifically ask about candidates’ interest in NYUAD. You may indicate your interest in the NYUAD Global PhD by referencing NYUAD, an NYUAD faculty member, or an NYUAD research group in your personal statement (or other application documents).
- Please be advised that the PhD application deadlines are typically early or mid December of the preceding year. If you missed the deadlines, it may still be possible to submit an application, but you should contact the relevant NYU New York department.
For more information about the Global Ph.D. Student Fellowship, please contact email@example.com.
General Application Advice
- I highly encourage you to watch this talk on contacting potential supervisers before emailing me (or any other potential faculty members you may want to work with for any position): https://youtu.be/B3oANa67Iq4